Sunday, November 1

2012: a future that will come anyhow so why not just face it

my subtitle is, a discussion over it's symptoms (and like all diseases, symptoms will only become more apparent, no longer subliminal, undercurrent. Immediate treatment is needed for optimal recovery, or outcome, if no recovery can be achieved, in the special case of the 2012 scenario)

it's like the ultimate thing my mum is bragging about for the whole week.

but it's not nonsense, not all at least. facts do not lie, well, as things that really is happening do not make themselves up, randomly, just for the fun of it, just so that this sick sad world gets a little more interesting, other than mere discussions of economic downturn blas.

Beijing's sky decides to snow two month's earlier, and poor Americans having to face winter much earlier this year, and if YangMingShan's volcano decides to wake up from it's hibernating state, what will become of this city of Taipei? Sitting comfortably on a coach, high up a flat property, not far away from this beautiful national park, I picture myself as a victim of 'Dante's Peak'. Extreme, yes, but what the world is right now, if it isn't extreme already?

If '2012' is really to come and the world is to go through a huge change, let it come then. We human will stand as one, hopefully we will, by then.

I often tear, silently, when I think about that fact that I could still sit here and snack on my nuts and raisins, while people in Manila are suffering from outbreaks of diseases and having no place to call home, nevermind about being fed. I feel bad and couldn't quite figure out why they are so unfortunate. I am just so lucky and blessed. If you believe in incarnation, I must have done so much good deed in my past life in order for me to lead such a life in present time.

Imagine those people in regions affected by extreme pollution, I mean, what is the meaning of living and continuing, when you know you will die in a somewhat tragic manner since you are in fact out of control of your own reason of death, in most cases?

Sad isn't it? but I am no way pessimistic about the world yet.

I do strongly (hopefully this wont change when I find out worse things about the world) believe that crisis is when we see hope in a brighter light. 危機乃轉機。I guess that is what makes us human, our will is just so strong that we will never give up hope.

So many many years ago, I remember watching 'Butterfly Effect', and it remains one of my favourite movies. I learnt about its meaning and accept its power to change. Small changes are all we need, because every little step we take can bring upon a series of chain effects that will eventually give birth to a drastic change to the predicted future. So that is why we always say, our future is in our hands. Yes, of course it is, it always is, and it still is.

The lack of English books in Taiwan did not allow me to indulge in readings that I should be doing. I would like to get hold of Alain de Botton's books, as well as the original aka. non-translated version of Blessed Unrest. I stupidly ordered the Evolution's Edge, a book that got me all interested again about that long forgotten (due to lack of recall cues) System Theories, and my crazy attempt to talk about Holistic blas in my pseudo-thesis. Let's see if it will arrive on time, before I leave in a fortnight.

Enough said for this night. Hearing to news (from mum) about how severe H1N1 has become, it just gives me more reason to believe that being a raw foodist could be the best shield I have yet.

Signing off now, with symptoms of backache due to oversitting/lack of physical movement which sucks as it's 1.18am which means bed time and more lack of movement even if it means for an optimal resting phase in one's day-to-day life cycle. period.





1 comments:

weister said...

over paranoia it is. chanel cant get over it either. 2012 2012 2012... i have plenty of things to occupy myself before i have time to worry about the end of the world!